Thursday, September 27, 2007

Moving on

I've decided to look at the guitar as two complementary, yet separate, systems.
There is the string mounting system that holds the strings in tension with adjustments to allow for tension and height (above pickups/frets) to be easily changed.
The second system is the electrical system involving the pickups, corresponding switches and "Tone" controls as well as the "Volume" control and cable connection.
There is no physical connection between the two systems yet they work in unison to provide the functionality of a guitar.
My interest in this item, moving forward, is to disregard the strings and see how else I can use the pick-ups to make noise through an amp.

For now though, I believe I am supposed to be disassembling a different item. C'mon over little robot friend, I'll be gentle.

No comments: